Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Thread Rack Projects

Hullo, Creatives! While sewing costumes for The Music Man it finally dawned on me that I really need a thread rack. It's bad. The tails of loose thread from each spool are forming their own united cluster and I'm afraid they will morph into some sort of super being that will take it's revenge on me (using swan snips, of course).

Ok, enough joking. There's the boring white rack that everyone knows, or if you want to be cool, there's these three stylish DIY projects I found on the web. Now to figure out which one I'll try...

#1  Festotu










2 comments:

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

I vote for number three! Or two. Number one scares me a little, like an octopus or something else from the see that I wouldn't trust :-)

Hope your costume making is going well, and that you also have sunshine today!

Lois Mclane said...

I've been looking forever for a great idea to have a quick and easy way to get at the right spool of thread without searching through a drawer or box and then I accidentally happen upon this idea. I have hundreds of spools and bobbins to match. I'll do one super long board with long finishing nails and hang it high in the sewing room. spool and bobbin on one nail. Best idea for my own personal use I've found in a long time. Thanks for the post!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...