Florida Autumn

I thought it might be fun to show you what autumn looks like in Florida. It's quite different. Instead of dying, plants are growing and twisting and full of life. The humidity finally leaves us in the Autumn, and this gives us the chance to truly enjoy the outdoors. The rest of the world is heading inside to hibernate and we are ready to leave the house already. It's ironic, I know. 


This weekend was a perfect time to take my camera to the American Orchid Society's botanical gardens in Delray Beach, FL. I was easily hooked.


Each plant there was truly amazing. Some looked like furling, aquatic animals. I got lost in the surprising color combinations, some which I've broken down for you. If you ever wonder what colors go with each other, take a cue from nature. I now appreciate just how brilliantly balanced it is. Enjoy!


I love Spanish Moss. I always feel like it's writing me something sideways:





















And in case you were wondering, hot pink and green is very much alive and well in the natural world: