Thursday, December 8, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award



Hayley from Girl Who Does Everything nominated me yesterday for the Versatile Blogger Award! It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers and what they read. Here are the rules:

  1. Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
  2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination
  3. Share 7 random things about yourself
  4. Thank the blogger who nominated you
  5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post.
My nominees are:

7 Random things about myself:


1. I have two dogs. Lucy is a bichon/poodle and Madison is a coton de tulear. My husband and I love them like children!

2. My senior year of college I studied abroad in Ghana, West Africa. I learned weaving as my thesis. It was an experience that changed me deeply.

3. If I could choose any job I would be a costume historian. I am in love with the history of fashion. My dream when I was 16 was to run off to Williamsburg and become apart of the living history museum there. I was always looking up exactly how garments were made and then cutting up my dress-up clothes to try to make them.

4. I am a tad bit obsessed with taking baths. It's almost spiritual, which is crazy, but I don't care. I have bath salts, bath bubbles, I read in the tub, etc. It is my little getaway and I love it.

5. My husband and I are currently trying to conceive our first child. It hasn't been easy, but I am trying to remain positive.

6. I have a soft spot for cheesy romance, but I keep it very well hidden!

7. On our honeymoon, my husband and I spent a month in New Zealand. Apart from the amazing beauty of the place and the fact that I wanted to stay and work on kiwi preservation, we went zorbing. Zorbing is best described as being placed inside a giant plastic bubble filled with water which is then rolled down a hill.




4 comments:

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

Fun to read that you are so in to fashion history, because I have been fascinated by it since childhood. I have never sewn costumes or clothes, but I love to look at it in exhibitions/museums or in books. And I love "costume movies" of course, and I am pretty good at nailing the decade by looking at clothes and furniture. In Stockholm, at Livrustkammaren, they have a lot of old Royal clothes, for exemple the outfit that our king Gustav III wore when he was shot at a masked ball in 1791. It's fascinating to see it up close, and the outfit is so small! They were so much shorter in the 18th century.

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

Wow thank you so much, Amber, for the nomination! I am flattered :) I think you would be a great textile/costume historian! Have you ever thought about getting into the living history or museum education fields? Or you could look into period costume design for historic sites or something like that? I used to work at a big museum where we had a curator of costumes and textiles.

Amber said...

I would love to get into that field, but I would have no way of knowing how. I'm guessing I'd need to get my Masters?

JAMIE SAYS DREAM said...

Strange, I wrote a Thank you comment before the comment about fashion history but it seems I clicked wrong somewhere... So here I go again:

Thank you so much for nominating me Amber! My first blog award :-) I will think about who to nominate and then post about it tomorrow :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...